Friday 30 April 2010

THE FINALE

Well, the big debates are over. Last night we watched "Call me Dave", "Gordo", and "Cleggie" battle it out in the last TV showdown. Thinking about it, it reminded me somewhat of the final tour of the "Rat Pack" (Sinatra, Martin, and Davis).
All three would be superstars arived in separate limos with their entourages, then took centre stage together.
Opinions are divided as to who came top of the pops, but my mind wandered during the closing summaries of each "vote for me", and I imagined how they might sing themselves out.
Gordon should exit first, warbling My Way, "And now, the end is near, and as I face the final curtain" etc.
Young Nick goes next with I'm forever blowing bubbles, "they fly so high, nearly reach the sky, then like my dreams they fade and die" etc.
Finally, Smoothie Dave looks straight into the camera and sings to his supporters with much irony:
 "It's the same the whole the whole world over,
  It's the poor what gets the blame,
  It's the rich what get's the pleasure,
  Isn't it a bloomin' shame?"

 He then swaggers off with the aside "Bullingdon Club anybody?"

I willl be giving you all a campaign update later.

No comments:

Post a Comment